I’ve been loving the Dior’s Runway looks on the models! It’s very minimal, but very glammed up! The eye make up has a slight crease-cut, and a winged eyeliner, along with a clean finished eyebrows!
Makeup artist Pat McGrath adorned models’ lips with red gemstones for a look that was very reminiscent of ruby red slippers. This sparkling take on lipstick might look complicated, but in terms of a DIY, it’s easier to test out at home than the newest nail art trend.
To get this look, you’ll want to adhere tiny gemstones overtop of a tinted lip. Traditional lipstick will be too slippery—instead go for something without a sticky texture or added shine, like a lip stain. Let the lip tint dry for a few minutes before you start adding the sparkle. Now the fun part: use eyelash adhesive, and start to stick the gemstones to your lips. You will need two sizes of gemstones, the slightly smaller size for the outline and bigger to fill in your lips. Add the gems to the outline of your lips first and then fill them in. Also note that the lips at Dior have an almost exaggerated bow, so if the gemstones sit slightly outside your natural lip line, that’s okay.
The key to making the Dior gemstone lip last is all in the timing: this look is ideal for a night out where no eating is involved—and preferably one where any drinking can be done through a straw. Think you’ll try this at home? Share pictures if you do!
I look at some people, and I see that they have TONS of friends, while some have a few close ones. I happen to fall under the latter. It’s not really important to actually have TONS of friends, that I’ve learnt through my experiences. It’s making sure you are surrounded with the people who are the nearest to your heart. I personally think that I need a few of ‘good quality’ friends, (whatever that means, right?) But, really. Here are five types of friends I think are essential to have in every person’s life.
- The Mentor. Usually it’s a person who’s older, could be your sister, brother, mother, father, a person in school, etc. Find someone you could always run to when things get tough, obviously because they’re more experienced than you are.
- The confidant. Obviously, a person you trust. Whether you trust with an advice regarding how your butt looks in a pair of pants,
hahaha, or a truthful opinion about something personal, it’s always good to have a person you can trust. They’re VERY hard to come by, but once you do find one, hold on to them even when things get tough!
- The banter buddy. You’re a chatterbox who would make any Gossip Girl fan proud and you need a gossip outlet. So who’s the Serena to your Blair? You know that you can’t call just ANY friend and talk for hours. So embrace the women who considers endless hours of chatting as one of life’s greatest luxuries, and find someone who shares the same gift as you do!
- The play pal. Seek a person that is always up for something spontaneous and is willing to make time. Whether it’s the gym, the pool, a walk, lunch, or maybe just manis and pedis.
- The protégé. Look around you: do you have a friend that is younger than you? If you do, then you’ve found your ‘protégé’! It’s always good to have a person that has the ability to surprise you with her/his insight into life.
BUT IF YOU’VE FOUND A FRIEND THAT FALLS UNDER EVERY CATEGORY (LIKE I DID), THEN ITHINK YOU’VE FOUND YOUR SOULMATE.
So I dedicate this post to my friends, I love you guys to pluto and back. No matter how far or how long we’ve been apart, as long as we both remember… We’re still connected! x
[Disclaimer: Since I don’t have the permission of my friends to post this picture, I blurred out the faces. So YAY for ghost face! AND group hugs! Hahahaha]