Sure, there’s the ongoing media obsession over her relationship with Chris Brown, but that’s balanced out by her Grammy-winning singing career, her new fashion line with ‘River Island’ and, now, a new, groundbreaking deal with MAC Cosmetics.
The first product to launch will be ‘RiRi Woo’ (above), a lipstick inspired by the classic MAC red Ruby Woo – a favourite of Rihanna’s.
Rihanna approached the task with a laser focus. “She wanted RiRi Woo to be slightly more blue-red and retro matte — a matte with moisturizer finish we’d used in a collection years ago and currently only have in one product,” said Balbier (MAC’s senior vice president of global product development). “She was especially adamant that the color be suitable for every skin tone.”
I am super excited to get my hands on this lipstick! However, the dates of the international launch has not be set yet.
I’ll be a keeping an eye on this, I’m sure you guys will too! Am I right ladies?
I’ve been loving the Dior’s Runway looks on the models! It’s very minimal, but very glammed up! The eye make up has a slight crease-cut, and a winged eyeliner, along with a clean finished eyebrows!
Makeup artist Pat McGrath adorned models’ lips with red gemstones for a look that was very reminiscent of ruby red slippers. This sparkling take on lipstick might look complicated, but in terms of a DIY, it’s easier to test out at home than the newest nail art trend.
To get this look, you’ll want to adhere tiny gemstones overtop of a tinted lip. Traditional lipstick will be too slippery—instead go for something without a sticky texture or added shine, like a lip stain. Let the lip tint dry for a few minutes before you start adding the sparkle. Now the fun part: use eyelash adhesive, and start to stick the gemstones to your lips. You will need two sizes of gemstones, the slightly smaller size for the outline and bigger to fill in your lips. Add the gems to the outline of your lips first and then fill them in. Also note that the lips at Dior have an almost exaggerated bow, so if the gemstones sit slightly outside your natural lip line, that’s okay.
The key to making the Dior gemstone lip last is all in the timing: this look is ideal for a night out where no eating is involved—and preferably one where any drinking can be done through a straw. Think you’ll try this at home? Share pictures if you do!
Hey guys! I have a new post today which is something a little different that I haven’t tried. This is my very first haul post! If you’re interested then keep on reading!
I went to a MAC store and got me a bunch of stuff, and so did my sister! I just had to get new makeup! So the things I picked are:
- A mineralize skin finish, in ‘Dark Deep’. I bought this as a contouring powder, and so far, I’m loving it.
- A Select cover-up concealer, in ‘NC30’.
- A flat-stippling brush, in 130. For blending my foundations if I put any.
- A fluffy-domed brush, in 138. For contouring and definition.
So starting from the left to right….
And of course my sister got sucked in by the saleswoman! Hahahaha! Poor her. However, she did get good finds!
What she got is:
- A Mineralize skin finish, as a contouring powder, in ‘Deep’.
- A Studiofix fluid, in NC41.
- A flat foundation brush, in number 191.
Difference in our contouring powder. (Left: Sister, Right: Mine.)
So this is it for this post! I’m sorry for the lack of posts but it’s just been SO busy, you wouldn’t even believe it!
In my world there never seems to be enough minutes in the day. So when it comes to packing for a trip away, this calls for military precision combined with the ability to think under pressure and pack a suitcase at lightening speed! Not saying I leave it to the last minute… but….. maybe I do!
Now as you may have guessed, I’m leaving for Europe tomorrow morning, and while I was packing I had to keep in my mind to pack light. Once I cut down my makeup products, I thought maybe I could do a quick post on in here. So without further adieu.
No, it’s not what you guys think. I did not lay a towel under my makeup. It’s a blanket, a fluffy, soft, comfy and cozy one!
So moving on to close up of each product:
- Laura Mercier, tinted moisturizer, in Almond.
- The Porefessional from Benefit Cosmetics.
- DiorSkin Forever Compact by dior in shade 040.
- Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner by Bobbi Brown in Chocolate Shimmer, 13.
- Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner by Bobbi Brown in Black Ink, 1.
- Elf Eyelid Primer, in Pearl #20302.
- That Gal face primer by Benefit Cosmetics.
- A strawberry lip balm from The Body Shop.
- Soft Kohl from Rimmel London, in Pure White, 071.
- Make up Forever waterproof eye pencil, in 23L.
- Bobbi Brown blush in Sand Pink, 1.
- The Colossal Volum’ Express Waterproof mascara, from Maybelline.
- Guerlain Eyeshadow quad in ‘Touche de Brun’, No.241.
- Dior Addict Lipstick in shade ‘Avenue, 667’.
- NYX lipstick in ‘Socialite, 178’.
- Last but not least, Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette, by Urban Decay.
So these are my must haves, though I’m sure I could cut down A LOT more. Hope you enjoyed this little post and until next time, Ciao.